Live...laugh...love Life with 4 kids 6 and under. Our trip to pick up Tonito in China is: mid-March 2008 through April 12. Our trips to pick up Ricky in Ethiopia are in June and August of 2010.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Swine flu & gardening


Ricky loooooves playing in the mud! Oops, I mean gardening! Today was a work work work day.
Despite testing positive for the flu, Vivi was a huge helper in planting our garden, and in getting ready for the garage sale! Maya and Ricky were trying to be big helpers, but it will be funny to see how the seeds come up- crossover rows, renegade salad leaves, and surely some bare spots. We planted tomato plants, pepper plants, squash and zucchini plants, tomatillo plants, and tons of seeds: beets, radishes, peas, green beans, arugula, lots of salads, asparagus, cabbage. I have no idea what I'm doing- I am not from the south!!! But here we are in February, planting and watering and hoping. Last year was a bit pitiful, so we promised ourselves to get out there as soon as we were sure there would be no more frost (I probably should have gone even earlier, but maybe we'll still be lucky). After the beds were set, we organized and sorted toys and clothes for our garage sale. Having the kids help meant getting rid of a lot less than I wanted to, and I did have to indulge in some trickery, smoke and mirrors. I am sure they won't miss the items I snuck out!

No comments: