Live...laugh...love Life with 4 kids 6 and under. Our trip to pick up Tonito in China is: mid-March 2008 through April 12. Our trips to pick up Ricky in Ethiopia are in June and August of 2010.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Lovin' the Agua!

Ricky is learning very quickly what we do for fun in the summer heat!

Ricky LOVES water- loves to turn on the faucets and bathtubs and let them gush, loves flushing the toilet and playing with toys in it, loves the sprinklers, the hoses, our pool, puddles- anything with free-flowing water. Obviously his first trip to a splash park was a success!

We got his first doctor's appointment out of the way and started all of the immunizations from zero (he has not had any shots yet, ever). After 4 shots and a lot of blood drawn, the sleeping- and walking- was a bit rough for a couple of days. Now we're back on track and he is enjoying sleeping in Tonito's room (which really now is the boys' room). He loves splash parks, and mommy loves them too because there are no deep ends where Ricky can jump in! We spend a lot of time outside burning off energy, especially when I am alone with the kids. Tonio had a business trip to Europe this week and I survived my first solo week (well, by myself but with 4 kids!)..

Some fun Ricky facts: Ricky can sing the ABCs in Spanish and English, we think he is a LEFTY like me, and he lost/hid 2 remotes, 1 of them is for the digital converter box (bc we don't have cable) and now we can only watch CBS. That's a little annoying when Tonio is out of town so I need to buy a new remote or find the old one. I have found clothes in the garbage can (put their by Ricky when I tell him they go in the "ropa sucia" and I have a feeling he also threw away the remotes).

No comments: