Live...laugh...love Life with 4 kids 6 and under. Our trip to pick up Tonito in China is: mid-March 2008 through April 12. Our trips to pick up Ricky in Ethiopia are in June and August of 2010.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bike-a-thon

Today the kids' classes had a bike-a-thon in the parking lot. I have to admit, Tonio was out of town and I was not totally excited to put on the training wheels, get all 3 bikes in the car, lug them to the school, label them and park them in the right spots, and hang out all day until they were finished so I could bring them home. BUT I did it and I am SO glad that I did! (and embarrassed at my lazy thoughts of the morning). It was way more fun than I was imagining!!!!:) And since I was there for 3 different half hour slots of bike-riding, I happen to catch Vivi's class releasing their butterflies that they had "grown" from caterpillars. Each class was paired with another class, and was allowed 30 minutes to do loops around the bike track that was set up. There were the inevitable crashes that come with the territory, and some of the bigger preschoolers were racing a little too fast and furious around the cones- but really it was just a fun day that ended with special snacks.

Here's Maya's class- notice that Maya was on a push bike. She still hasn't learned to pedal and so I pushed her around and around the circle. The funniest part was after 20 minutes she got off her bike and sighed and told her teacher that she was tired from biking!


Tonito wanted me to take off his training wheels, but that is better by the bayou- wide sidewalks and not a million other peewee riders! He raced around and only fell down once- all with a smile and dimples:)..

Vivi's class was last- she stayed right by her best friend the whole time, and they both chatted and admired the other girls' pink and purple bikes and pompom accessories.

No comments: