Live...laugh...love Life with 4 kids 6 and under. Our trip to pick up Tonito in China is: mid-March 2008 through April 12. Our trips to pick up Ricky in Ethiopia are in June and August of 2010.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Springtime Babes




The weather has been surprisingly warm (well, for a Chicagoan) and we really have played outside all winter long. I'm not really sure what marks the passing of winter, but since we don't really need jackets anymore, I guess it is now spring? What we don't get in snow however, we do get in rain, so picnics in the park are extremely muddy affairs that require plastic bags to sit on in the carride home. As long as they are getting muddy, one day I should just let them play in the mud pools to their hearts content... if only I had access to hose them down afterwards.
*
In other news, all 3 kids went to the dentist for the first time here (and Maya's first time ever!). Pediatric dentists really go all out with movies on and video games and toys all over- as we were leaving the kids asked if we could come back and play tomorrow! I found out that Vivi is getting molars, and that Tonito has a really loose tooth. The dentist asked us "do you have any loose teeth?" And as I was saying no, Tonito said "Yes I do mommy!" It's funny how he didn't think that was as significant as I did!? Everyone did great, and for a half an hour afterwards Maya was still licking her teeth and saying "chocolate, Mommy!"

No comments: