Live...laugh...love Life with 4 kids 6 and under. Our trip to pick up Tonito in China is: mid-March 2008 through April 12. Our trips to pick up Ricky in Ethiopia are in June and August of 2010.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Some recent funnies


Yes, that is Maya pulling herself up onto the table to get some cucumbers and carrots with picarico (ie tajin chile/lime powder).

****

Vivi: Can I have another horsie kiss? (hershey kiss)

****


Our trip to search for Mexican antiques ended when Maya fell (or was pushed) onto the cement floor and got her first fat lip. I think her screaming and the blood all over my shirt scared away quite a few customers!


****

I went to pay our water bill and the kids wanted to know what I was doing. I explained how we all use water, and so we have to pay for it with money. Vivi told me she is saving all of her pennies in her piggy bank for me to buy things with! ;)


****

Vivi, making up the end of the story how she would like it to end: "And when they got away, the gingerbread boy and gingerbread girl sailed in a gingerbread boat to Madagascar, and played with gingerbread lemurs!"

****


Maya had her 2 year old portrait taken, and I was trying to get her to practice to smile, telling her she looked like a princess in her dress, etc. While walking into Sears we followed 2 women in saris, and Maya got very excited and almost star-struck: "Mommy. Princess just like Maya!"


****


I sent the kids upstairs, challenging them to get ready for bed using only their flashlights. 30 minutes later they were laughing hysterically and had not yet reappeared. When I called them down to read books, Tonito asked "Can we get ready again??"


****


Just FYI: when a 2 year old eats (chews and swallows) a whole pack of gum piece by piece, while unsupervised, it does NOT take 7 years to digest. Note to self: watch Maya more carefully while packing for our trip to Chicago.


No comments: