Live...laugh...love Life with 4 kids 6 and under. Our trip to pick up Tonito in China is: mid-March 2008 through April 12. Our trips to pick up Ricky in Ethiopia are in June and August of 2010.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Prairie Path



Here are some pictures from the Prairie Path, the garden path we frequent when escaping from potential buyers. Maya was sleeping this trip and didn't want to wake up for the photo shoot. Poor baby! I hate when there is a showing during her nap time..


As most of you know, Tonio was offered a job in Houston (with the same company). Soooo, that means we are trying to sell our house in this wonderful market. It's already a challenge to keep the house clean with 3 little kids, but when your definition of clean changes because there are people coming to look at the house, life is a mad rush of me throwing toys and dirty dishes in hidden corners and cabinets while Maya watches from her stroller the kids playing with their bikes in the garage. I then take the dogs and kids in the minivan and either a) go for a ride (if there is only 1 showing) b) take them to the park (2 showings) or c) go to my mom's house (3+ showings). Fortunately we have had a lot of traffic, but since many people haven't sold their own houses yet, and real estate is based on a chain of buying and selling, we are waiting for the perfect family who have already sold their house. It seems to be taking forever (I know I shouldn't be complaining after only a couple of weeks of this), but it seems to be dragging on.

In other news, Maya now has 6 teeth and crawled UP the stairs!!!? because our house is on the market I don't have any gates up and apparently I was not watching her as well as I thought I was (that is so dangerous, I know, I know, I have to watch her more carefully!!!).. She says "uh-oh" all the time now, and is starting to say "wuf-wuf" for dogs. She loves to be held, LOVES to cuddle and give open-mouthed, wet kisses. She is such a snuggly little baby, I just love her to pieces. I am so in love with my kids, I can't hide it at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it!!! What are Grandma and Grandpa going to do for those hugs and kisses with you living in Texas? I guess we'll have to figure out a long distance way to get our fill from those little ones. Oh well. We're already missing you guys. love, Grandpaxxoo