Live...laugh...love Life with 4 kids 6 and under. Our trip to pick up Tonito in China is: mid-March 2008 through April 12. Our trips to pick up Ricky in Ethiopia are in June and August of 2010.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day- A mommy to 3!?

Vivi and Tonito painted flower pots for my mom and then planted four o'clocks in them:).



I can't believe that last Mother's Day I was a mommy to 1 two year old and this Mother's Day I am a mommy to 3 little ones!!!! I am the luckiest mom in the world. Vivi gave be a beautiful flower painted with her picture in it that she had made at pre-school, Tonito "drew" a picture for me, and Maya just looked cute and cooed and drooled on me. We had a nice breakfast together, and we were going to go to the zoo, but it was absolutely pouring!!!! Instead we had a barbecue at Grandma and Grandpa's house all day and played dominoes, ate and ate, and let the kids play with all of Grandma's fun toys. I think she has more toys than we do (seriously) because she used to be a preschool teacher and has so many manipulatives, and sets of dinosaurs, cars, a dollhouse, puzzles, etc... the kids LOVE going to her house and seeing what toys will be out that day.:)

I really can't believe that I am a minivan-driving (I never thought I would own a minivan!!! Where is the minivan hybrid??? What other car fits 3 huge carseats!? And I really love the space!:)), stay-at-home (which does NOT mean I am a non-working mom!), full-fledged soccer mom- whoops, my kids aren't in soccer yet, but you get the idea. I have the 3 most precious, kindest, funniest (and klutziest- is that a word? I spellchecked it so it must be) and most beautiful kids in the world. They have a mom who is their teacher-doctor-chauffer-counselor-personal chef-coach-storyteller and entertainer, who tries her best but does not always know what she is doing, definitely isn't Martha Stewart, is trying to be the most patient, but more than anything loves them like crazy. I think we are a good fit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only all of those adjectives, but they also have a Mom who does a darn good job with them. My compliments, not that I'm prejudiced or anything. love, Dadxxoo